Breach of Fiduciary Duty

Business Disagreement Lawyer for Breach of Fiduciary Duty

In business and professional relationships, a person, company or institution is often given by law or by contract the power and responsibility of managing the assets and property of another person, company or institution and/or advising them on financial or legal matters.

The “beneficiary” or “client” places their confidence in another, called the “fiduciary”, in circumstances that require the utmost trust, good faith and honesty

A fiduciary can be an individual for example such as an attorney or accountant, business or financial advisor, insurance agent, escrow agent, real estate broker, securities broker, executor of an estate or trustee managing a trust fund. A fiduciary can also be a larger entity such as a bank, brokerage firm, accounting company or consulting firm.

Corporate officers have a fiduciary duty to the corporation. Partners owe a fiduciary duty to the other partners. Brokers and agents have a fiduciary obligation to their clients.

Whether addressed in the terms of their contract or by rules established in law, the fiduciary is required to act in the best interest of their client or beneficiary.

If a fiduciary breaches their duty, if they act for their own profit or gain, act recklessly, negligently or fraudulently, a cause of action may exist for a lawsuit.

Contact the business disagreement lawyer of Ellzey & Associates, PLLC if you’ve suffered a breach of fiduciary duty. Violations can include:

  • Your business partner has mismanaged your company’s assets
  • Business officers and managing partners have committed fraud, nondisclosure or misrepresentation
  • The executor or trustee of an inheritance or trust has acted negligently, fraudulently and/or in their own interest instead of the beneficiary.

If you or your company has suffered financial harm at the hands of a partner, corporate officer, professional advisor, agent or broker, you may have a claim of breach of fiduciary duty.

The attorneys of Ellzey & Associates, PLLC have experience with complex commercial litigation and violations of fiduciary duty. For an example of our record of success, please read about the firm’s recent $16.5 million verdict in SSC Opportunity Partners LLC and Douglas Britton v. L.S. ‘Trey’ Halberdier, III, et al.

A business disagreement lawyer can help settle your dispute or litigate your claim of breach of fiduciary duty.

Ellzey & Associates, PLLC
1105 Milford Street
Houston, TX 77006
Toll Free: (888) 350-3931
Fax: (888) 995-3335

The trial lawyers at Ellzey & Associates, PLLC aggressively advocate their clients’ interests in a wide range of legal disputes. They have successfully represented individuals and businesses in complex business, consumer, and class-action litigation involving a myriad of claims such as breach of fiduciary duty, real estate, fraud, consumer protection and Deceptive Trade Practices Act (DTPA) violations, Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) violations, products liability, auto defects, government contractor fraud, Medicare and Medicaid fraud, Whistleblower and False Claims Act (Qui Tam) claims, whistleblower protection and wrongful termination.

Consultations are free, so please contact us today for more information. Most cases are taken on a contingency basis, so there is no fee unless you win.

At Ellzey & Associates, PLLC, we work for our clients—we work for you. Contact a knowledgeable, focused and compassionate lawyer who will listen to the specific facts of your situation.

Call Ellzey & Associates, PLLC to speak to an attorney toll-free at (888) 350-3931 or complete our online form.

The law firm of Ellzey & Associates, PLLC is based in Houston, Texas and represents clients nationwide.

This site is sponsored and financed exclusively by attorney Jarrett Ellzey and the law firm of Ellzey & Associates, PLLC, located at 1105 Milford Street, Houston, TX 77006 (888) 350-3931.

Confidential & Secure

Privately submit your case information. Our team of legal experts will be in touch to schedule a time to discuss your case more in detail.